Apply to be the next graphics, editorial or publishing intern at Virginia Free Citizen!
Do you want to be a part of a team that keeps Virginians – and all Americans – accurately informed and knowledgeable on issues facing our State and country? Virginia Free Citizen is looking for interns to help with all aspects of publishing this website.
The ideal candidate(s) will have a combination of skills including exceptional writing ability, graphic and video production, a basic knowledge of HTML and a creatively critical eye.
Work will be on-site in Richmond, VA and requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
We are looking for talented, committed individuals in the following fields:
▪ Editorial Support: Research, article editing, fact checking, formatting and story entry;
▪ Graphics: Creation and formatting of informational graphics, photo editing, ad layout and design;
▪ Writing: Research, writing, fact checking and story formatting & entry.
▪ Styles: Be familiar with industry standard style books, including AP and Chicago styles books.
Additionally, interns will be tasked to:
▪ Conduct online research and outreach on blogs, social networks, etc.
▪ Identify and develop stories for the Web site.
▪ Compile and present metrics from various social networking platforms and campaigns
▪ Occasionally film events, clip video footage, and post video clips to YouTube
If you’re interested in applying, please send a brief cover letter, resume and samples of your work (or URL of your portfolio) to: email@example.com