To our readers: Reading this each week will make you the expert in your community on issues of immigration, legislation, enforcement and what your government is up to to keep you and yours safe.
- This morning big headline on immigration:TRUMP’S NEW TRAVEL BAN COMES WITHOUT THE CHAOS OF FIRST ONE BY ALICIA A. CALDWELL AND JILL COLVIN ASSOCIATED PRESS
- This week’s detailed report from across the nation:
FROM THE CENTER FOR IMMIGRATION STUDIES:
In addition to nearly two dozen new blog posts covering the latest immigration developments, Director of Research Steven Camarota and Senior Researcher Nayla Rush wrote commentaries for National Review. Dr. Camarota’s piece, which appears on the website, addresses columnist David Brooks’ specious arguments on the arrival of large numbers of less-educated immigrants. Dr. Rush’s piece, which is published in the print magazine, provides a blueprint for a safer and more effective refugee-resettlement program: READ ALL HERE
Major Stories from Washington and ongoing legislation From the Federation for American Immigration Reform
- Trump Unveils New Order to Protect National Security
- President Trump Lays Out Vision for Key Immigration Policy Changes in Address to Congress
- Obama Administration Ignored Millions of Visa Overstays
- FAIR Releases Legislative Agenda for the 115th Congress
- FAIR Study Shows States with Mandatory E-Verify Laws Lead in Economic Recovery
- Oregon Judge Helps Illegal Alien Evade ICE?